Health Plan Information
OPEN ENROLLMENT FOR 2024 IS NOVEMBER 1, 2023 – JANUARY 15, 2024.
With health insurance premiums skyrocketing, we now know more than ever how important it is for the consumer to shop for their health insurance.
When applying for coverage, you cannot:
- be turned down for coverage based on your health conditions
- be charged more or “rated” for any health issue you have
- have a pre-existing condition clause
Health Care Reform mandates that all new ACA compliant plans include 10 Essential Health Benefits:
- Ambulatory patient services
- Emergency Services
- Pregnancy, maternity and newborn care
- Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices
- Laboratory services
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
- Pediatric services, including dental and vision care
Health Care Reform established metallic levels (bronze, silver and gold) to indicate the value of coverage in a plan. This helps you easily compare plans with different deductibles, copayments and coinsurance requirements, with different companies, to determine which plan will work best for you.
|Bronze: Good for people who want lower monthly premiums and don’t expect to need a lot of medical services.
Silver: Good for people who want to keep monthly premiums and out-of-pocket medical costs more balanced.
|Gold: Good for people who receive medical services regularly and who are okay with a higher monthly premium to have more health care costs covered.
Metallic levels do not take into account all health plan features, such as provider network. Be sure to check if your doctor is in-network.
- With our powerful web-based search tool, you can compare rates from the health insurance companies in your area.
Let’s find out which is the best plan for you!
IF YOU DO NOT QUALIFY FOR A SUBSIDY, PLEASE USE THE “COMPARE WITHOUT SUBSIDY” BUTTON TO VIEW THE APPROPRIATE PLANS.